Short circuit may have caused fire at BMW Infinity Cars Service Center

The fire gutted 45 vehicles including BMWs and some other high-end cars and SUVs that were brought in for servicing or stored in the godown.

Turbhe / Navi Mumbai: The major fire that broke out in the service centre cum godown in Turbhe, may have been caused by a short circuit, fire officials said. On Tuesday morning a fire broke out at the Infinity cars service centre, a BMW service centre at Turbhe, somewhere around 5.30 am.

The fire, which is said to have started off on the first floor of the building, went on to burn down a major part of the entire structure, in a devastating seven hours that left the belonging in ashes.

Ten fire tenders, from Turbhe – MIDC, Vashi and Koperkhairane, were called in and it took them till 1 pm to finally douse the fire.

However, the damage had already been done, and what remained only seemed to be an attempt to stop the fire from damaging the structure further. As far as the vehicles and documents stored inside the building were concerned – everything was burnt to the ground.

Fire fighters present at the scene attributed the fire to a short circuit, though nothing was confirmed officially.

Luckily, there had been no casualties as the service centre was closed and empty.

The owners of the building were yet to ascertain and disclose the extent of financial loss incurred upon them owing to the fire but it will be huge.

Last Updated on December 11, 2021 by lp@admin

Post Author: lp@admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *