The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued guidelines for the reopening of places of worship in the country from 8th June.
As places of worship, namely temples, masjds, churches etc. gear up to open to devotees from 8th June after a brief period of lockdown, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare laid down strict guidelines to be followed by all such places.
While announcing the SOPs to be followed the Ministry also informed that places of worship in containment zones will continue to remain closed.
Standard Operation Procedures for Reopening of Places of Worship
- Places of worship to have separate entry and exit points
- No senior citizens above 65 years, vulnerable and sick people, pregnant women and children below 10 years to be allowed
- Mandatory Thermal screening and hand sanitisation for everyone
- No person with symptoms to be allowed
- No entry without masks
- Shoes and Slippers to be kept outside – families to keep footwear in separate slots if possible
- To allow staggered visits if possible
- No touching of Idols
- No touching of holy books
- Seating arrangements to conform to social distancing
- Proper air ventilation to be maintained
- Temperature settings of air-conditioning to be in the range of 24-30 degree Celsius.
- No large gatherings or congregations to be allowed
- No choir or singing groups to be allowed – Only recorded devotional songs to be played
- No physical greeting like touching feet, embracing etc.
- Separate prayer mat/cloth to be used by every individual
- No Prasad or any other eatable to be offered or distributed
- No sprinkling of holy water or throwing of flowers
- Community kitchens and langars to be allowed only under strict social distancing and sanitized handling of food and utensils
- Crowd to be properly managed in the parking lots and outside the premises
- Shops, stalls, canteens etc. should ensure proper social distancing norms, proper markings for queues etc.
- Proper sanitation to be maintained in the premises, especially the toilets, hand and foot washing areas
- No spitting to be allowed inside the premises, wash basins etc.
- Aarogya Setu App to be installed and regularly updated by all visitors
Last Updated on June 6, 2020 by lp@admin