A variety of events for Janmashtami are being held from 8th to 20th August 2022, at the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), at Kharghar.
Just like every year, the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), Kharghar, is holding a grand Janmashtami event, lined up with a variety of events. So, apart from the spiritual essences of the festivity, there will be a whole lot of other activities to enchant the residents of Navi Mumbai.
For those who are unaware, the Radha Madanmohanji Mahotsav or Janmashtami celebrations, at Kharghar ISKCON, are nothing less than divine wherein hundreds of thousands of devotees congregate joyfully.
This year too, devotees are ecstatic to be part of the Radha Madanmohanji Mahotsav 2022 which will begin from 8th August, with the Jhulan Yatra Utsav, and end on 20th August, with the celebration of 126th Vyasa Puja of ISKCON’s Founder, Acharya Srila Prabhupada.
Apart from the religious activities and rituals, there will be a plethora of other cultural programmes too.
The Bhakti Kala Kshetra, a cultural wing of ISKCON, which strives to promote local talents and artists in a bid to preserve the cultural heritage of our country, will be holding a three-day cultural program featuring celebrity artists as well as local singers.
The highlight of the programmes will be the “Bhajan Sandhya” by Shri Omprakash Srivastava and Shri Vinod Trivedi – two well known singers hailing from Mumbai & Navi Mumbai.
The Nerul branch of Kalasadan, an institution striving to preserve and propagate India’s traditional performing arts in its divine and dignified forms and also to provide affordable opportunities to everyone to learn and pursue these arts, will be showcasing dance and various other performances.
Congregation members of ISKCON from Navi Mumbai and around, will be presenting cultural programs like dance & dramas, featuring the many aspects of Krishna Katha and the science of Krishna Consciousness.
The ISKCON family has invited the residents of Navi Mumbai to be part of the Janmashtami 2022 festivities in huge numbers accruing the blessings of Krishna for themselves, their families and friends.
A snap shot of Janmashtami 2022 events at Kharghar ISKCON:
- Jhulan Yatra Utsav – 8th to 12th August, Timing – 7:30pm to 9:00pm.
- Sri Balaram Jayanti (Lord Balaram’s appearance day) – 12th August, special Abhishek at 11:30.
- Bhaktiras Shravan Utsav – 12th Aug. to 19th August, – Timing – 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Sri Krishna Janmashtami Utsav – 18th – 20th August.
- Sri Krishna Abhishek – 19th August, Kalash Abhishek – from 7.30 pm & Maha Abhishek at 12 (midnight). Temple shall remain open for devotees on 18th & 19th August, past midnight.
- Srila Prabhupada’s 126th Vyasa Puja – 20th August. Glorification – 7:15 a m onwards. Abhishek – 6:00 pm onwards. Prasad distribution throughout the day after 1 pm
Last Updated on August 14, 2022 by lp@admin